Programs available to Union members:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Local 728 of the I.A.T.S.E. offers annual scholarships which are open to the sons and daughters of members in good standing of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States and Canada (I.A.T.S.E. & M.P.T.A.A.C.) of Local 728.
The rules of eligibility state that the applicant must:
- Be the legal dependent of a Local 728 member in good standing; or, Be the legal dependent of a Local 728 retiree in good standing; or, Be the legal dependent of a deceased Local 728 member who was a member in good standing at the time of death.
- Make application within the academic year of either high school graduation or attainment of G.E.D. (Institutions may require further certification.)
- Must be a full-time student as defined by the institution student will be attending.
- Have the scholarship award applied to the first year of college or vocational school.
- Use the scholarship award within twenty-four (24) months of the award date.
The procedure for making an application is as follows:
- An application is to be requested from Local 728 and submitted to the Local office with all other documentation by the deadline below.
- A complete sealed copy of the applicant’s high school transcript is to be forwarded to the Local 728 office.
- Submit or have the testing organization forward directly to the Local 728 office, copies of scores achieved by the applicant on the Scholastic Aptitude Test, College Entrance Examination or other equivalent examination (Scores do not have to be sealed, copies will suffice).
- Present at least three (3) letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselors, clergy, community service organizations, employers, etc.
- In addition, each applicant will be required to have a personal interview with the selection committee at Local 728 on Saturday, March 21, 2020.
The deadline for filing all required material with the Local 728 Office is January 31, 2020.
The winners of each award will by notified by the Local 728 Office in April 2020.
I.A.T.S.E. LOCAL 728
1001 W. Magnolia Boulevard
Burbank, California 91506
818-954-0728/ 818-954-0732 Fax
Email: [email protected]
Visit the Scholarship Archive of past recipients.
Richard F. Walsh/Alfred W. Di Tolla/Harold P. Spivak Scholarship Foundation is a Scholarship program offered by the International.
Please go to http://iatse.net/member-benefits/scholarship-foundation for more information.
Union Plus has many resources to help Union members in the financing of their children's education.
Go to http://www.unionplus.org/college-education-financing/union-plus-scholarship for more information.