Programs available to Union members:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Local 728 of the I.A.T.S.E. offers annual scholarships which are open to the dependents of members in good standing of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States and Canada (I.A.T.S.E. & M.P.T.A.A.C.) of Local 728.
To receive the 728 Scholarship, you must:
- Be the legal dependent of a Local 728 active or retired member in good standing or be the legal dependent of a deceased Local 728 member who was in good standing at the time of death.
- Be younger than 26.
- Be a full-time student at a community college, four year college, trade school or vocational school. Full time status will be as defined by the institution you are attending.
- Make application no sooner than the academic year of graduation from high school or attainment of G.E.D. and no later than the academic year of graduation from college, trade school or vocational school.
- Use the scholarship within twenty-four (24) months of the award date and during any semester of school prior to graduation. This is a one time award; if you were a recipient in the past your are ineligible.
The procedure for making an application is as follows:
- Request an application form from the Local 728 office or download the application form from www.iatse728.org.
- Complete the application and attach a recent photo of yourself for publication in The Bulletin, the newsletter of Local 728.
- Mail or deliver completed application package to the Local 728 office prior to the application deadline.
- Recipients will be notified of their awards in May 2024. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the school, not to the student.
The deadline for filing all required material with the Local 728 Office is 8:00 a.m. Monday, April 1, 2024.
I.A.T.S.E. LOCAL 728
1001 W. Magnolia Boulevard
Burbank, California 91506
818-954-0728/ 818-954-0732 Fax
Email: [email protected]
Visit the Scholarship Archive of past recipients.
Richard F. Walsh/Alfred W. Di Tolla/Harold P. Spivak Scholarship Foundation is a Scholarship program offered by the International.
Please go to http://iatse.net/member-benefits/scholarship-foundation for more information.
Union Plus has many resources to help Union members in the financing of their children's education.
Go to http://www.unionplus.org/college-education-financing/union-plus-scholarship for more information.