As a health care provider geared exclusively for people in the entertainment industry, the Motion Picture & Television Fund understands the unique challenges of maintaining insurance benefit. The Bridge to Health program was created to assist industry members who are temporarily uninsured by providing basic healthcare services for one low fee of $25 per visit.
With a goal to provide care to as many patients as possible, the MPTF Bridge to Health program will include the following services for eligible uninsured patients:
- Office Visits for $25 for existing patients and industry members who are first-time MPTF Health Center patients.
- If necessary, basic lab services will be provided at no extra charge.
- If necessary, x-rays will be covered at no extra charge, however they must be performed at an MPTF radiology facility: Toluca Lake Health Center, Jack H. Skirball Health Center (Woodland Hills) or Bob Hope Health Center.
- Appointments must be scheduled in advance. Each Health Center has a limited number of available Bridge to Health appointments; walk-in appointments cannot be accommodated.
- You will be given an appointment with the next available MPTF provider.
- We will assist you in obtaining low cost prescription medications through the MPTF pharmacy, or other local pharmacies.
- Specialty care and diagnostic studies are not available through the MPTF Bridge to Health program; if required, we will direct you to specialty care resources in the community.
- MPTF Social Services department offers a variety of resources for all MPTF patients and industry members.
Industry workers who have no health insurance coverage or who have in-patient hospital coverage only are eligible for Bridge to Health appointments. Individuals must have proof of working in the entertainment industry within the last three years. Eligibility status will be reviewed at the time an appointment is scheduled.
Pay it Forward!
MPTF Bridge to Health is made possible by individuals like you. Help your fellow industry member in need by making a donation to MPTF.