Days 2 and 3 will expand from the first day's presentation to develop workflow practices that accomplishes the objectives of the Lighting Draftsperson. These days emphasize hands-on practice in Vectorworks, in which we will walk through examples of creating all sorts of models and deliverables. Major exercises include: Building a Template File, Use of Classes and Layers, Use of Sheet Layers, Performing 3D Walkthroughs and Creating Renderings, Inventory Management, Lighting Position Use, Complex Fixture Work, Digital Lighting Console Assets, and others...
The teaching style will include overview examples, step-by-step guidance, and on your own practice time with the instructor available for support.
INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Prerequisites: Participants should have basic competency in Vectorworks Spotlight, including an understanding of how to use the Basic Tool Set, the 3D Tool Set, the Spotlight Tool Set, and the Building Tool Set, the Object Information Palette, the Navigation Palette, and the Resource Browser. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE. The "Role of the Lighting Draftsperon" is appropriate for people with little to no working knowledge of Vectorworks.
- Participants should have a laptop computer capable of supporting Vectorworks Spotlight 2023 (refer to this link if you are unsure: https://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq).
- If you do not have a working copy of Vectorworks installed on your computer, please contact the Local 728 Training Director to obtain a copy of the Vectorworks software.
- This is a Local 728 sponsored class, so there are no Safety Pass requirements.
- There will be a walk away lunch for this class. Please bring lunch with you or be prepared to go out.
- A lottery may be required for this class, please see the Additional Information section for more details.
- Lighting Draftsperson