This week the Democratic National Convention is taking place virtually across the country. Here is the full schedule if you would like to tune in: https://www.demconvention.com/schedule-and-speakers/
In particular, there are three labor events that I’d like to highlight for your consideration –
Labor Council Meetings: The Labor Council, which is one of the DNC’s official constituency councils, will meet on August 17 at 1:00 PM ET and August 19 at 1:00pm ET and will be open to delegates and the public.
Viewers will have the opportunity to hear from union members, union presidents, and Members of Congress on how we can engage other union members about this important election as well as presentations from:
- Biden/Harris Campaign
- Stacey Abrams & the Fight for Voter Protection
- Discussion on Racial Justice in the Workplace
- Labor and DNC Platform
- OH Senator Sherrod Brown
- Panel on Unions Standing up for Frontline Workers During the Pandemic
- DNC Chair Tom Perez
- Restoring the Federal Workforce
- AFL-CIO President Rich Trumka
- Panel of Union Members Elected to Office
- NJ Governor Phil Murphy
- Fighting for the Postal Service
- Call to Action to All Union Members and appearances by other Members of Congress & SPECIAL GUESTS!
You can join thousands of union members for these virtual conversations at the following links:
Monday, August 17 - 1:00pm – 3:00pm ET
Wednesday, August 19 - 1:00pm – 3:00pm ET
Additionally, on Thursday, August 20 at 8:00 PM ET, the Biden Campaign invites you to a Labor for Biden Convention Watch Party, which will precede the main convention program from 9:00 -11:00 PM ET.
You can RSVP for the labor watch party here: https://www.mobilize.us/joebiden/event/298810/