This two-part class is being provided for Local 728 members by City Theatrical. The Multiverse wireless DMX/RDM system can broadcast as many as 10 universes of DMX data from a single transmitter, while producing less radio energy than present-day single universe systems. It has been used on a number of Local 728 shows and its scalability is making it attractive for many productions. You can read more about Multiverse at https://www.citytheatrical.com/multiverse
Day One: Theory
- What is wireless DMX?
- What is DMX?
- What is RDM?
- Troubleshooting DMX and RDM using DMXcat
- Understanding radio and the electromagnetic spectrum
- Frequency hopping theory
- Adaptive hopping theory
- Understanding antennas and working with specialized antennas
- Introduction to Multiverse technology
- Using RadioScan Frequency Analyzer
- Coordinating RadioScan with Multiverse
It is strongly recommended to attend both days but not a requirement if you are experienced with the topics on Day One.
For ETCP Certified Technicians, this course will count double towards recertification.