Are you a Local 728 member in good standing whose son or daughter is a high school senior who plans on heading off to a technical school or college next year? Click this link 20th Annual Scholarship App 2017-2018 Fill In.pdf to download the application for the 20th annual Local 728 scholarship fund.
The deadline for filing all required material with the Local 728 Office is January 31, 2018. The winners of each award will by notified by the Local 728 Office in April 2018.
Local 728 of the I.A.T.S.E. offers annual scholarships which are open to the sons and daughters of members in good standing of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States and Canada (I.A.T.S.E. & M.P.T.A.A.C.) of Local 728.
The rules of eligibility state that the applicant must:
- Be the daughter or son of a member of Local 728 in good standing.
- Make application in high school graduating year.
- Have the scholarship award applied to the first year of college or vocational school commencing the semester immediately following high school graduation as a full-time student or
- Have the scholarship award deferred to their college or vocational school after either a one or two semester “gap period” following their high school graduation (must be a full-time student.)
The procedure for making an application is as follows:
- An application is to be requested from Local 728 and submitted to the Local office with all other documentation by the deadline below.
- A complete sealed copy of the applicant’s high school transcript is to be forwarded to the Local 728 office.
- Submit or have the testing organization forward directly to the Local 728 office, copies of scores achieved by the applicant on the Scholastic Aptitude Test, College Entrance Examination or other equivalent examination (Scores do not have to be sealed, copies will suffice).
- Present at least three (3) letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselors, clergy, community service organizations, employers, etc.
- In addition, each applicant will be required to have a personal interview with the selection committee on Saturday, March 17, 2018.