Programs available to Union members:
I.A.T.S.E. Local 728 offers annual Scholarships which are open to the sons and daughters of members in good standing of Local 728.
This year's awards will be granted to high school students graduating in 2016.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The rules of eligibility state that the applicant must:
- Be the son or daughter of a member of Local 728 in good standing.
- Be a high school senior at the time of application.
- Have applied, or about to apply for admission to an accredited college, university or vocational program as a fully matriculated student.
- Use the scholarship award within the academic year awarded.
HOW TO APPLY?
- An application is to be requested by contacting Local 728 at the address below or download one here.
- The application is then to be completed and returned to Local 728 along with required documentation below.
- A complete sealed copy of the applicant's high school transcript is also to be submitted to Local 728.
- The record of scores achieved by the applicant on the Scholastic Aptitude Test, college entrance examination, or other equivalent examination may also be submitted, either by the student or by the testing organization.
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation should be submitted for inclusion in an applicant's file and will be accepted from any of the following: Teachers, Counselors, Clergy, Community Service Organizations, Employers, etc.
- In addition each applicant will be required to have a personal interview with the selection committee on March 19, 2016.
The deadline for filing all required material with the Local 728 Office is:
December 31, 2015
The winners of the scholarship awards will by notified by Local 728 in April 2016 and will be announced in a future issue of the Local 728 Bulletin.
I.A.T.S.E. LOCAL 728
1001 W. Magnolia Boulevard
Burbank, California 91506
818-954-0728/ 818-954-0732 Fax
Email: [email protected]
Visit the Scholarship Archive of past recipients.
Richard F. Walsh/Alfred W. Di Tolla/Harold P. Spivak Scholarship Foundation is a Scholarship program offered by the International.
Please go to http://iatse.net/member-benefits/scholarship-foundation for more information.
Union Plus has many resources to help Union members in the financing of their children's education.
Go to http://www.unionplus.org/college-education-financing/union-plus-scholarship for more information.