I.A.T.S.E. Local 728 offers annual Scholarships which are open to the sons and daughters of members in good standing
of Local 728.
The rules of eligibility state that the applicant must:
- Be the son or daughter of a member of Local 728 in good standing.
- Be a high school senior at the time of application.
- Have applied, or about to apply for admission to an accredited college, university or vocational program as a fully matriculated student.
- Use the scholarship award within the academic year awarded.
The procedure for making an application is as follows:
- An application is to be requested from Local 728.
- A complete sealed copy of the applicant's high school transcript is to be forwarded to the Local 728 office.
- Submit or have the testing organization forward directly to the Local 728 office, copies of scores achieved by the applicant on the Scholastic Aptitude Test,
College Entrance Examination or other equivalent examination (Scores do not have to be sealed, copies will suffice).
- Present at least three (3) letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselors, clergy, community service organizations, employers, etc.
- In addition each applicant will be required to have a personal interview with the selection committee on Saturday, March 15, 2014.
The deadline for filing all required material with the Local 728 Office is:
December 31, 2013.
The winners of the scholarship awards will by notified by Local 728 in April 2014 and will be announced in a future issue of the Local 728 Bulletin.
Visit the Scholarship Archive of past recipients.
Richard F. Walsh/Alfred W. Di Tolla/Harold P. Spivak Scholarship Foundation is a Scholarship program offered by the International.
Please go to http://www.iatse-intl.org/services/scholarship.html for more information.
Union Plus has many resources to help Union members in the financing of their children's education.
Go to http://www.unionplus.org/college-education-financing/union-plus-scholarship for more information.