Security that Travels with You
MEDEX Travel Assist helps you cope with emergencies when you travel more than 100 miles from home or internationally for trips of up to 180 days.
MEDEX Travel Assist can also help you with non-emergencies, such as planning your trip.
You do not have to enroll. As a participant in your employer's Group Life insurance coverage from The Standard, you and your family members are automatically covered.
All services are provided by MEDEX Assistance Corporation and are available 24 hours a day, every day.
MEDEX Travel Assist offers the following services:
- Pre-trip Assistance including passport, visa, weather and currency exchange information, health hazards advice and inoculation requirements.
- Medical Assistance Services including locating medical care providers and interpreter services.
- Travel Assistance Services including emergency ticket, credit card and passport replacement assistance, funds transfer assistance and missing baggage assistance.
- Legal Assistance Services including locating a local attorney, consular officer or bail bond services.
- Emergency Transportation Services including arranging and paying for emergency evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility and medically-necessary repatriation
to the employee's home, including repatriation of remains.
- Personal Security Services including evacuation and logistical arrangements in the event of political unrest, social instability, weather conditions, health or environmental hazards.